Flashpoint

blk1478

Play with fire you’ll feel the burn
Touching, fixating, smitten with no concern
Leaving scars that won’t perfectly heal
Addicted to the aggressive, euphoria you feel

838328
Melting, biting, frenzied feeling alive
Heavenly singe of ecstasy, but will you survive
Craving, begging, breathless to capture the flame
Experiencing the consequences of this lustful game

image
Slowly moving towards the exhilaration of the burn
Whether it is love, sex or fucking waiting for your turn

abc789

85 thoughts on “Flashpoint

1. To touch the burning flame, and to keep the flame ignited, never to collapse to a waning ember. I loved the poem, Carisa! Keep it burning. 💗💗

• Thanks, Rob! I think it’s a balance but it’s so easy to be knocked to the side of the fire… Where you are covered with burns.
      Usually one side wants it more than the other. I’ve been on both sides of the spectrum. However, when you find someone who balances you out.. That’s when its amazing!! Thank you for the compliment!! ❤️

2. rachel on said:

this sounds just like me. a ‘heavenly singe of ectasy, but you may not survive.’

3. Casey Michael Smith on said:

I like it. Intense!

4. ThePower&TheG on said:

I forgo the generic comment any male would make and instead simply say your writing is exceptional

5. Staggering rush of sensuality. So fucking good 🙂

6. rubiredsaid on said:

This I call “Boom”!
    Shake the room!
    The impact is effective, the fire, burning. You “raged”, with this expression, and I liked it!
    Hope you are fine!

7. gspottedpen on said:

I like the lurking violence of imagery portrayed so mellifluously in poetic masochism. Anand Bose From Kerala.

8. J.T.O'Sullivan on said:

Love this piece Carisa ❤

It’s beautiful how fire can mean so much, yet it is so simple in every way by nature.

Eloquently written and perfect finish!

Hope all is well x Best wishes ❤

J.T ❤

• Ahhh.. Thank you! Thank you! Love when my pieces move you! I admire every single word you type here.. Whether it be a post of your own.. Or comments ❤️
      Love them all!
      Yes, fire mesmerizes me.. but it can also be the death of me. I tend to love simple things…that have cryptic meanings.

I read your post today! I felt hundreds of emotions in it. You’re so talented!!

9. Burn on Love this.

10. wow this is very strong! I like it!

11. I’m not into poetry, nor ever pretend to be able to write anything remotely approaching a poem. So I’ve never really commented on many of your pieces, partly because I have no idea where to start.

But as Tosha has so perfectly put, burn on.

• Awe.. You’re one of the best bloggers on WP! You know about everything! I’m always impressed with your posts. I know they may not be poetry but they are superb. Yet, you can go with Tosha’s words : )
      Andy… Do you mean you’re afraid you may write something that could be interpreted wrong???? No, Andy, I wouldn’t know what that feels like. You may have to beg me to delete your comments, huh? ; )

12. Woah, loved the intensity in your words Carissa, Every word had a powerful emotion !! So much passion!

• Hehe… Thank you! Sometimes I feel like all I am is a mother. Which I love being a mother : ) …… But sometimes it’s so freaking nice to feel like I’m more than that. Hehe : ) I love all your comments.
      Zee.. Do you know how much I adore you?
      I’ve told several people about you and how you’re so special ❤️

13. Needless to say that you are an excellent poet and I really look up to you to learn further.

I had to read this several times to understand it and have that intensity sunken in me.
    You are deep and thoughtful.

14. all the comments are so right on, this piece is volcanic…like it…no…I love it

15. Whoooo!!! 🔥 that’s good.

16. Jeffrey S. Callico on said:

Visceral and fiery, I love it

17. wafflemethis on said:

Mmmmmm. Hot hot hot.❤

18. This was so sexy.

19. Damn Carisa, that sizzles…

• Hehe! I forget I’m more than just a mom :-). Thank you for your sweet words. Do you know I have another site? Don’t laugh but it’s an adult site. I was posting often on it but I haven’t posted in awhile. I have a partner in crime that helps me with it. They’ve posted lately more than I have. I’ve kept it on the down low. Lol 🙂 not many people know about it. 😉

• You are more than a mom. I didn’t know this – youll have to tell me more so I can follow you, I would like to see how much more you are 😉.

If you want to keep it private – email me. 😃

• Lol. It’s not private. Here’s the link 🙂

The Spirit Keepers is my partner in crime. Since I was away from WP some I let him post things too. You’ll be able to tell who is posting at the top of the post. I’ve written a lot in that genre but haven’t posted them yet. It’s not a big deal site. Just felt some of my pieces may be a little risqué for some. Lol 😉

• Thanks, I like the title. Does it sum you up? Lol
          Ill have a look and see what your naughty wild side is like… 😉

• Lol 🙂 I don’t know who I am most of the time. I think my post last night might sum me. Lol! Happy Fathers Day!

• You know I feel the sane way… I’m in the middle of life and like what f**k am I doing here and who am I? Its good to know someone in the same boat.
          Thank you Carisa. You made my day.
          Whicjmh post sums you up? On this blog or the wild one?
          I have an admission to make to you, I’m also working with someone else on another… Wilder blog

• The post called “Sometimes it’s just for me!” On my silver linings blog. I’m really just a dorky girl who is learning as she goes. 🙂 ummmmm, spill now! What’s the blog!!?? We might need to go to sex rehab! Lol! 🙂 😉

• There’s nothing dorky about you Carisa. In, you want me to spill? Hang on I’ll find the link.

• You’re the best! Truly the best! 😉❤️

• Aww… thanks Carisa, but I reserve that crown for you! 😃❤

• I’m in the book of Tatum blog. I’m Charlie and my partner in crime is Tatum.
          This was my last post: https://thebookoftatum.wordpress.com/2016/06/04/climb-on-me-by-charlie/

Why do you think you’re dorky? You’re lovely…

• Ooooooo! I’m going to have a look! Woohoo! Charlie❤️😉. I like the name!
          When I call myself dorky I mean that in a sweet context. I call my boys dorks constantly but always follow up with.. But I love me some dorks. I suppose I think of myself as someone who is Just learning and failing as I go. I love to laugh more than anything. I laugh constantly. At anything but usually my kids and myself. I don’t take myself seriously. Now, I’m going to check out who Charlie is. Lol ❤️

• Oh I see… I’m with you. I’m still much like you, flailing about seemingly randomly. Lol
          Go and read up on Charlie’s work… there are some bigger, very racy pieces. I would love to know what you thought. Maybe we do both need sex therapy lol

• Ummmmm, Charlie, oh I mean Simon I’ve loved what I’ve read of yours. Very hot! I’m now with boys hanging around me. I better read the more in a bit. Lol:)

• I can see, you’ve not even got to the spicy stuff yet, but I would read those in private… 😉😘❤
          I hope I’ve not diminished your opinion of me. I still adore you ❤