Mr. Piano Man

(Forgive my voice cracking I have a sore throat)

10194200

Mr. Piano Man play my favorite song
I know the words so I’ll sing along

You wrote the lyrics just for me
Elegant chords with every key
Mesmerized sitting with your baby grand
Beautiful melody with the touch of your hand
Hammering away on the black and whites
Heart dancing with much delight
Pedaling notes singing my favorite song
Laying on your piano where I belong

giphy (1)

Photography girl sitting on piano

86 thoughts on “Mr. Piano Man

1. Brava, Carisa!! LOoooooooooooooveeee that Drawl. Now I don’t have to drive to Baton Rouge to find it..I’ll just come here.
    Have a great day, Lady. You did a wonderful job on this!

2. Haha! Good old Billy Joel. He was my brother’s favourite growing up. As soon as I started reading your poem I thought of him (Billy) and then ‘voila’ there’s the video. You sound like such a southern belle. Great.
    🙂

3. This is fantastic! I love your words and Billy’s song. You’ve brightened my morning sweet girl ❤️

4. This is awesome, Carisa! And your voice is beautiful. I’d say the cracks went just perfect with he words. It is always wonderful to hear the voice to the face and the written words. You are all over a lovely appearance 💖💖

5. Casey Michael on said:

Another grand success!!! I love it.

6. Love this poem. And Piano Man is one of my all-time favorites.

7. oh my I heard a southern twang there 🙂

8. beautiful girl. beautiful voice. beautiful poem. love love love

9. poet NbJ on said:

Leaves a tip in jar 🙂

10. oh. Aussie gals don’t talk like that 🙂

11. Beautiful Carissa. Well done

12. I love hearing the voice of bloggers. Thank you for sharing! Love that voice of yours!

13. Beautiful work Carisa. Love the Billy Joel song. And your writing was msuic to my ears. Have a good one. Keep wrting.

14. Love the rhythm of this poem. Wonderful write.

15. Human Interest on said:

It refuses to play for me… 😔

16. Love that accent! Another beautiful poem and reading, Carisa. Hope your throat is better now – bourbon always helps, I find 😉

• <

ol>
      Hey you :). Thank you so much. I respect your feedback more than I can say. I respect your opoinin. As for as the accent…hmmmm… I don’t feel I have one but you definitely do! And as far as the bourbon…. I’m on my 2nd bottle 😉

17. aramsey_poet on said:

Piano Man has a way of stealing me into thought.

18. I love this Carisa, you’re beautiful 💙

19. Hehehehe … what a fantastic accent. And does your voice go a little naughty with the end line, “Lying on your piano where I belong”??

20. Michael on said:

Beautiful poem and the reading took this to another level of enjoyment. You have a wonderful voice and your “subtle” accent takes me home.

Reblogged this on wwwpalfitness.

22. Such a beautiful narration of the poem Carisa, you have such a sweet voice and nice way with words! 🙂

Aaaaaand thaaatttt songggg, OMG!! I used to listen to it so much few years ago but somehow hadn’t listened to it since a while ! Loved the path down the memory lane. Thanks for refreshing such good memories for me ^_^

Much love to you ❤

• You’re way to kind to me. ❤️. I’ve missed you more than I can explain. I hope you’re well. I’ve thought about you and worry. I’m so glad you came to see me when you came back here. Please always stick your head in and say hello, when you make it back here. You have no idea how much you mean to me❤️

w