Eclipse of the Lips

giphy

giphy (1)

Feeling the bitterness rising to your lips
Furious words from your mouth drips
Fuming, livid, irate emotions are the only sound
Affection, devotion, love no longer surrounds
Once full of respect with fireworks to thrill
Now Irritated, resentful rage is what we feel
Listening, watching chills me to the bone
Can’t inhale words once they’re blown
Unreasonable temper starts to fly
Sitting in silence, head down, exhaling a sigh
Hearing the intensity shatters my core
You won the battle but lost so much more
Revealing thoughts have passed your lips
Your needs surpassed mine in the eclipse

tumblr_mlbqi0wnq81snvtqyo1_400_large

tumblr_mw5ymdaEko1sra9aro1_400

tumblr_nn2gh0qudI1u4jpboo1_500

67 thoughts on “Eclipse of the Lips

Reblogged this on wwwpalfitness.

2. You can really feel this one.

I’ve been through this with an aggressive woman twice. Then, they want make up sex.

4. I don’t see this as an aggressive woman, or a fight that is started for a possible reward. I see this as frustration from a person whose capacity for love and understanding has been replaced by anger and discontent, perhaps disillusioned by the way the relationship had shifted. I’ve been there before, too. I think that the most important thing is to keep communications open. Sometimes the littlest thing gets blown out of proportion. Very well written, Carisa. I loved it! 💗💗

5. rachel on said:

i love this title and the image it brings to mind. we should go boxing together sometime and let out some RAGE! 👊🏼

6. Beautifully tragic, Carisa. I’m sorry.

7. Carisa, very heartfelt. Your words and feelings come out strong. As always, thank you for sharing your excellent post.

8. Most difficult moments are the one filled with anger and words we can never take back.

9. Wow very powerful Carisa! Amazing

10. Damn Carisa. This entire post is awesome. Striking photos, smashing song and your words. Sublime! 🙏 thank you ❤️

11. Past the lips it can’t be silenced but the silent lips are never heard.
    kiss my words away but at least feel what I mean.

We need to talk but what can we say.

12. This reminds me of a song called “Slow Dancing in a Burning Room” Love it. Well done, as always xo

13. This is great. I like the use of the word “furious” in the right context…and this was it.

14. This is so powerful- I love this

15. moonskittles on said:

❤ ❤

16. I love your words! xo

17. Oh! I could feel the intensity of your words here.
    Perfectly portrayed.

And, this song goes with your thoughts perfectly.
    I love this song.

Some years back, when I used to be furious, angry or impatient, I used to rap along with this song. That helped me settle my aggression.

Carisa, you are wise, smart !
    I am in love with your thoughts!

• Kabir!! I’ve been wondering how you’re doing! Are you learning and writing!? Always love your comments! Always love your genuine words!! 💕💕 Yes, as we grow we learn so much! Looking back on our lives we realize we change constantly.
      We just need to make sure we keep the core of our compassion and love. You’re made of love and kindness. 💕… Honestly, I’ve sang this song too! 😉

• Hey Carisa! I am good. Thanks. How have you been ?
        You know, whenever I think of writing a poem, you are always up on my mind. You have pushed me so much in this direction. Thank you.

and thank you for all your kind words and I totally am floored, honoured with your humble, genuine words full of learning. 💓

18. izza ifzaal on said:

I loved the veracity here !! You are soo transcendent with poetry 💜💜

19. Vogue Addiction on said:

I loved! Kisses

20. Oh, I am melting. Wonderfully done.

21. Good job! Wow! You have the ability to reflect the deepest human feelings. Amazing, terrible ! Again, good job!

w