Within

image

You hold the answers within your hands
You carry the dimensions of your plans
You see who is genuine and pure
You have the certainty to feel secure
You believe you can succeed in the end
You realize you can feel and depend
You stand tall when others fall to their feet
You detect the missing pieces to be complete
You know the strength in every scar
You simply need to remember who you are

image

image

“Hold Back The River”

Tried to keep you close to me,
But life got in between
Tried to square not being there
But think that I should’ve been

Hold back the river, let me look in your eyes
Hold back the river, so I
Can stop for a minute and see where you hide
Hold back the river, hold back

Once upon a different life
We rode our bikes into the sky
But now we’re caught against the tide
Those distant days all flashing by

Hold back the river, let me look in your eyes

Hold back the river, so I
Can stop for a minute and be by your side
Hold back the river, hold back

Hold back the river, let me look in your eyes
Hold back the river, so I
Can stop for a minute and be by your side
Hold back the river, hold

Lonely water, lonely water, won’t you let us wander
Let us hold each other
Lonely water, lonely water, won’t you let us wander
Let us hold each other

James Bay

111 thoughts on “Within

1. Casey Michael Smith on said:

😀

• Casey Michael Smith on said:

💚😘❤️😍☀️🍷

• 🍀🍟🍔🍿🎂🍾🍷🍸🍻🍺🍭💜💚🆘🏧♿️🔙🔛🔝❤️🗣✍🏼🤒

• Casey Michael Smith on said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

😂👏👍💚

• Did you like all my junk food 🙂
          I’m craving bad things!! Haha!
          Tell me. To go to bed! 🙂

• Casey Michael Smith on said:

You made me laugh. A lot. Louder than is acceptable! 😝 yes, don’t eat the junk! Stick to healthy things like 🍷 seriously? There’s no cheese or bacon emojis??!! I’m 😡now!

• Haha!!! Will you be my personal trainer! I will listen to you! Please I need someone to tell me what to do! I live way to close to a drive thru! Ha! You’re going to think I’m crazy but I don’t drink. Never been drunk before. Maybe I should try it.
          I do have vices but they aren’t anything like that. They are really crazy ones.

• Casey Michael Smith on said:

Oooh I’m super excited to hear what they are! I’m not healthy enough to tell anyone what to do. But I know when I used to run, I wanted to eat healthier. Running sucks. But it makes you a better person. So, I’m a horrible person is what I’m trying to say… 👟🏃😫🏆🏅🎉

• Casey! You suck!!!!
          Is that what you thought I’d say! Ha!
          Nope! I think you’re actually Cooler for being honest!!! 🙂 If I had to pick running or honesty… Honesty would win:-). Don’t laugh at my vices…
          Diet Mt. Dew with sugar free koolaid.. With crushed ice. It’s bad… I think I need rehab for it. Also, WWF use to be my big vice.. I know I’m a dork! But a badass WWF dork :-). Not many could beat me!
          I can’t believe I acting like I’m proud of that! Someone kill me, now! 🙂

• Casey Michael Smith on said:

WWF -now WWE, right? That’s weird. That drink just sounds gross. I’m a drinker. I will even admit I drink too much, but I never let it affect anything else in my life. Okay fine, perhaps I’ve yelled at the tv late at night during a game… But that’s still pretty good, right?

The wife is my eternal DD. She doesn’t drink either (she’s annoying when she does). She’ll tell you she’s been drunk three times. You can guess what happened each time! 😉💚

Seriously, you’re amazing. Those are good vices to have.

• Ahhh! I can so guess what happened those 3 times 🙂 You crack me up! Your wife and I sound like we’d have fun together.
          She is probably like me in this area too..
          I’ve never smoked one cig. Never smoked weed. Never done one illegal drug. And never truly was ever drunk. I know I sound boring but j always felt if yore going to have fun you best remember it, right?
          Ha! Casey, I think you have a pretty cool life 🙂

• Casey Michael Smith on said:

We have a pretty solid existence! Thank you. I agree, I think you & the Wiffles could have a lot of fun together. She’s a lot more charming and charismatic than I am. I can just write my way through things!

You’re not missing much. I do stupid things when I’m drinking, as most people do. It’s fun, but so is reality when you make it so! I’ll raise a drink to you, though! 🍻

• Diet mt dew with crushed ice.. Cheers! 🍺🍷

• Casey Michael Smith on said:

Cheers! should you be drinking caffeine at this hour, young lady?!

• Oops! Sorry. Personal trainer you need to scold me! You’re right! Forgive me ! 🙂

• Casey Michael Smith on said:

We begin with friendly suggestions!😉

• Haha!!! Dying! You really know how to
          Play the game! Ha!

• Casey Michael Smith on said:

nope. I’m making it up as I go along!

• God! You’re good then 🙂

• Casey Michael Smith on said:

Thank you, Carisa. I’m just bumbling through life, trying to make it work! 😀💚🍀

2. Thank you for your likes. I wish I was as good at writing as you are.

3. Love this!…such a very beautiful poem Carisa

4. Lovely Carisa! Finding that inner strength is what we all have to do. Sometimes I can’t find mine..but meeting people like you reminds me where it is. ♡

5. And so many praise you. So obviously I am not alone

6. We do bold the answers snd sometimes all we have is to be strong…
    Its in those times we find out who we are and who we can trust. I hope youre not going through thst now… ☺

7. This is lovely. Love your creativity. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

8. “You simply need to remember who you are” – you make it sound so easy.

9. rachel on said:

i think i needed to read this today. thanks, love. 💋

10. You inspired me to write dear lady.
    Just a heads up it will be called ‘Your canvas’. wink

11. Best one to wake up to 🙂 that music sets up my pace today.

12. Pingback: Your Canvas! | Ranting Crow

13. Beautiful post. The lyrics and song. The poem is divine 🙏❤️

14. Very lovely Carisa as always! I love the words and the pictures and I love that song! Very meaningful words, yes we all do hold the answers within, loved this!

15. Self affirmation is a powerful tool. Based on all of your wonderful comments, it’s proof positive that your message resonates with so many, and inspiring so many.

16. Beautiful words Carisa. I love how genuine and passionate your writing is. I’ve missed you over the past few days! 🙂

• Thank you, Malaika! Always makes me smile when I see you in my notifications.
      I began to read your post yesterday about learning different languages. I was interrupted and when back and couldn’t find it. I will check again :-). You’re always sharing inspiring posts!!

• Awww…thank you Carisa! I’m very sorry that you could not find the post on learning languages. I decided I wanted to make a few adjustments to the post and hope to re-post it in the future. Have a great weekend!

17. Love the poem 🙂 and also the inspiration words Carisa 🙂

18. moonskittles on said:

Tall like a tree rooted where winds could not do her no harm. Inspiring words beautiful Carisa!

19. love this song, I’m doing a lot of scrolling down, popular people here. lol so this song I would listen to it every day for a month straight, kinda obsessed.

20. Mr Modigliani on said:

Lovely to discover your blog and your lyrical words

21. Amazing and powerful. Thank you for this!

22. You continue to amaze me. Take care.

23. Bridgette's Digits on said:

😄 ~bridgette

24. Wonderful Carisa. I soooooooo love those last two lines. Super powerful, ‘You know the strength in every scar, you simply need to remember who you are.’
    –Yes, yes, yes, I so relate to those words. Written on them as well.
    So great to have met you. I’ve just gotten started here, but a little later I’m going to go rummaging a bit more here.
    🙂 ❤

• Stacy! I didn’t know you commented here! I’m so sorry! I think someone from WP hates me. I’ve got to do an errand but wanted to tell you I will respond properly tonight! 🙂 ❤️

• Hahaha. No problem. Believe me, I’ve had some major WP problems myself. Many times my posts haven’t shown up in the Reader, at other times I didn’t get notifications of comments and stuff. It’s crazy.
        No problems though. Totally understand. Hahaha.
        🙂 ❤

25. Carisa. Hey!!! 🙂

I want to hit the like button, like 100 times.
    This was powerful.
    Beautifully written, expressed.

It must have rekindled the spirits of many.
    You are so charming and motivating.

26. You choose great lyrics!

27. My Heart Needs A Home

Doesn’t yours? Roaming Merrie Woods and Toxaway Falls
    where kayaks glide, cattails distend into cottony seed puffs,
    we discover the essence of each other. Photos snapped as wind
    comes to sailing level entertain beneath Jackson’s half dome.
    Gems, but mostly agates, sit underground, along river beds,
    few found. Lips feel the feathery touch of willow, tangled
    hair straightens at fingers command, knees bent, prone to the
    correct angle to capture sunbathing elder who reads as he sits
    in an Adirondack chair on the eastern continental divide, three
    thousand four hundred eighty six feet, make it eighty five,
    above sea level. Black bear images at first fool newcomers,
    into serenity, but the live scroungers will be around in person.
    This is where it all begins. Doe emerges below newly stained
    deck, wobbles, shakes off mom’s sticky womb extras. Walking
    the lake trail, finding the right overlook, slipping on mossy rocks,
    launching tomorrow today. Misunderstandings disappear when
    genuine care initiates a navigational victory on the Blue Ridge
    looking south to the Smokeys, in the servants’ staircase, among
    well-planted gardens, over festive lunch, a metaphor of chicken,
    enjoyed with the self esteem of roast beef on gluten-free bread.

w